Welcome to my Beauty Bed. Find articles and information on all types of bedding and the fabrics used, and health issues regarding our bedding. We are committed to Luxury bedding and Decor for your bed.

Friday, December 25, 2009

Get to bed and Cover and up your head ! Santas coming!


Well here we are Christmas Eve and I’m not ready yet, but my bed is! Yesterday I switched our summer bed over to our winter bed, a bit late but like you I have been so busy, nothing got done. There is nothing so comforting, as crawling into organic cotton flannel sheets and pillowcases, with a big down comforter tucked into an Egyptian cotton duvet cover. This may sound easy to you but it is not, first we have to strip the bed shake out the feather bed so it doesn’t look like ocean waves. Then we wash and dry the mattress cover and put it back on over the feather bed and mattress. The flannel sheets and pillowcases are easy just pull them on the bed is made right…..wrong! Getting the comforter back into the duvet cover is a chore. I like to get the corners sitting in the proper duvet corners and then shake it into place. A down comforter does not shake easily, so I had to crawl inside the duvet and get the corners in and inch my way out all the while lining up the seams of comforter to duvet cover. That only took me 3 hours and it was on and looking fabulous. I on the other hand looked like a wreck, hair sticking up on end, red faced and sweating. My husband thought I was out running a marathon not just changing the bed…….Oh well who can understand me, not the Scotsman married to a Danish decent woman who “Just goes nuts at Christmas.”

Wishing you and yours the joys of the holiday season and a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year! HO! HO! HO!

Karen and the Gang!



Karen,Owner,professional sewer,webmaster
www.SheerHeavenluxuryBedding.com
karen@sheerheavenluxurybedding.com

No comments:

Post a Comment